Thursday, January 23, 2014

and so it begins

I began my college career wanting to be a psychiatrist and here I am four years later graduating with a degree in Sociology and the dream of working in baseball operations.  I am pretty sure I never would have seen this life coming and to make it even more difficult, I have fallen in love with an Army cadet.
I guess it doesn't make it difficult, just complicated.  Knowing that I will spend my life moving around, waiting by the computer and the mailbox, and never knowing what could happen has really changed my perspective on the world. Even more so it has made me re-evaluate the life choices I made before I met him. 

I'm one of the lucky ones, for now at least.  My boyfriend is only a short 98 mile drive from school, which means I can see him any weekend I have free.  The only down fall this past semester was that he was under restriction, which meant that he couldn't leave post.  So every time I wanted to see him I had to make the drive up there, which 98 miles doesn't seem too bad, except I have to drive through New York City in order to get to him, and for those of you who have never driven in NYC, it is a highway engineers WORST nightmare.  So sometimes it can take 3 hours to get up there and not to mention having to drive back to school 6 hours after I get up to West Point.  It is a journey I have been willing to make and is always worth it in the end.  I think I went up there at least once a month from September until now and was able to spend three weekends at the lovely Thayer Hotel, which if you have the money I would highly recommend spending a night there.

Until Next Time 


No comments:

Post a Comment