Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Valentines day is coming and I received great news!  My guy FINALLY is off restriction.  This means he gets his privileges back, which include taking OPP's and pass to leave post and come see me.  I am so excited for this, and not because Valentines day is right around the corner, but because this means I don't have to spend the 2+ hours driving up to him.
On the note of Valentine's day....I actually hate this holiday.  I should wake up everyday with a smile on my face and be happy to have people in my life that love me.  Saint Valentine is a martyr in the Roman Catholic Church and has nothing to do with people being in love and celebrating love, mostly in a physical relationship.  Valentine's day was created in around the Middle Ages and managed to manifest its way in to mainstream culture generation after generation, which has made me dislike it.  I would rather have everyday be special and exciting, rather than have a commercialized holiday be the day I am lavished with gifts, told I am extremely loved and then have cliche passionate, romantic sex after dinner.  However, I am pretty sure he plans on coming to see me that weekend, but I do not plan on doing anything special.  I actually have a track meet on that Saturday the 15th, that I am hoping to participate in, and maybe he can finally see me in action :)


No comments:

Post a Comment