Monday, March 24, 2014

Who Are You When I'm Not Looking?

It's been a long week of uncertainty for me. I only have 60 days left until the day I graduate and that means only a few more weeks of my track career. I thought I could handle staying in it, but I made an irrational decision in the spur of the moment and quit the team. However, it's been 10 days since I made the decision and I am already happier with my life. The coach and I just did not see eye to eye and after having a major surgery, it is EXTREMELY hard to get back into everything, and he failed to understand that. I think it is good for me to focus on what is ahead of me in my life and be the person I want to be. Less negative.

I find myself being so negative, way too often. 

"Who are you when I'm not around?
When the door is locked and the shades are down?
Do you listen to your music quietly?
And when it feels just right, are you thinkin' of me?"

A perfectly put song by Blake Shelton...I know it is all about a mans love and wanting to know a woman and all her flaws. But it also makes me think about who am I? What do I do when I am alone? Do I like who I am?


I feel like there is so much more I could do with my life, but I can never put down the past, or the negativity. I want to start now, positive life, happy thoughts forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment